You walk into a cannabis dispensary for the first time and your head starts spinning. Shelves full of products line the walls, and glass cases proudly display buds of every shape, size, and color. You have no idea where to begin. Enter the cannabis budtender – your guide to all things cannabis. What questions to ask cannabis budtenders? They should be able to answer any questions you have.
Budtenders are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to recommending marijuana strains, products, dosages, and more. But you have to ask the right questions to get the inside scoop and choose the best cannabis products for your needs.
What Are The Top Strains For My Needs?
This is the million-dollar question. With hundreds of strains to choose from, how do you know which ones will work for you? The best budtenders will ask about your needs and preferences to point you in the right direction. Be ready to share:
- The effects you’re looking for – do you want to feel uplifted, relaxed, creative, focused?
- The time of day you plan to use cannabis – some strains are better suited for daytime, others for nighttime use.
- Your tolerance level – are you a new cannabis user or a seasoned veteran? This helps gauge potency recommendations.
- Any strains you’ve liked or disliked in the past.
Armed with this info, a budtender can suggest appropriate strains for you to try. Ask them to describe the flavor profiles and major terpenes in their recommendations, too.
How Strong Is This Product?
Cannabis products today are much more potent than “your grandparent’s weed.” Budtenders can educate you on how different items compare in terms of THC percentages and strength. Don’t be afraid to ask:
- How strong is this strain compared to others?
- What’s a reasonable dose, especially if I’m new to cannabis or have a low tolerance?
- Do you have any lower-THC options you’d recommend?
Getting clarity around potency helps prevent unpleasant surprises from products that are too strong for your needs.
How Do I Consume/Use This?
From traditional smoking methods to modern vaping devices, edibles, topicals, and more – there are endless options for consuming cannabis. Budtenders are your guides to the wide world of cannabis consumption. Ask:
- What’s the best way to use this product?
- Can you demonstrate how this vaporizer/pipe/other device works?
- What’s a normal serving size for this edible/drink? How long until the effects kick in?
- How often should I reapply this topical for pain relief?
The more you understand about proper usage and dosing, the better your cannabis experience will be.
How Much Will This Cost Me?
Cannabis is not cheap. Prices will vary widely based on product type, potency, source, and other factors. Budget-conscious shoppers should always ask:
- What is the price range for this item?
- Do you have any promotions or discounts available?
- What are your most affordable options for [type of product]?
- Can I mix and match different strains/products to stay under a certain budget?
Any good budtender will work with you to find the best cannabis products for your needs and budget. Don’t hesitate to inquire about prices.
What Other Questions To Ask Cannabis Budtenders?
The cannabis industry is continually evolving. Make sure to ask your budtender:
- What’s new? What products do you recommend trying?
- What’s popular right now with other customers?
- Is there anything I’m missing that you’d recommend for me?
Glean as much wisdom as you can from cannabis experts to make the most of your dispensary experience.
Get Cannabis Insights at Your Fingertips
Being an informed cannabis consumer means asking the right questions. But your budtender can’t always be there in the moment when you need guidance. That’s where Qredible comes in.
Qredible for Consumers will deliver cannabis insights, quality product recommendations, and safety guidance on-demand, personalized to your preferences.
Be the most confident and informed version of yourself every time you consume cannabis. Sign up now to be the first to access the new Qredible for Consumers at launch. Let’s start your journey!